This project was focused on achieving enhanced operational and energy efficiency at Oakland International’s Corby site. Starkey Electrical were entrusted with undertaking the CDM role and delivering the full reconfiguration of the site.
- Undertake the CDM role. This entails communication / organising the following-
- Schedule of works and F10 completed
- Company Directors (Tenanted side)
- All contractors on site
- All persons on site fully inducted and checked at all times
- Design all power / lighting on site
- Full design for new lighting layout in all areas, incorporating PIR control for all areas
- Office layout configuration and lighting design to suit
- All local 3 phase power per area
- Install refrigeration systems per main warehouse areas, to create new cold room areas
- Install substation LV panel and new circuits for required LV equipment
- Installation of security alarm to full site
- Part rewire and commission fire alarm on site
- Install generator to achieve mains failure back up to site
- Test and inspect entire site
This project was completed successfully, to the desired time frames and on budget. The re-configuration achieved a more efficient and better quality working environment, whilst also delivering significant energy savings.
About the client
Oakland International is a Family owned business, specialising in multi temperature supply chain management. They provide logistics and value added services including contract packaging, tempering and distress load management.