Starkey Electrical were tasked with installing a power supply, and carrying out internal and external electrical works, to 23 industrial units in the Cotswolds.
This project had to be carefully managed, as we were working alongside the construction team, and to a strict deadline.
Power supplies were put in place for each unit. A panel board was installed in the mains room, with 23 single pole 50amp MCBs, delivering power to each of the units.
Detailed plans were provided for the layout of the units. Each identical unit needed a Distribution Board to power lighting, sockets and spurs, and a roller shutter door. Our team installed LED Lighting throughout the units, and installed multiple sockets and spurs throughout. Cat 6 network cable and network points were also installed in each of the units.
IP rated LED battens were installed along the external walkways, with emergency packs included in line with British Standards.
- Run mains supply to each unit
- Install an 8 way 3 phase Panel Board (24 ways total) with a 400amp main switch, incorporating a 3 way change-over switch to enable the user to switch over from the generator supply to the mains supply
- Install 4 way Distribution Boards in each unit
- Install light fittings with emergency packs, power sockets, and spurs in each unit
- Install power supplies to roller shutter doors within each unit
- High Level IP56 LED lighting installed on external walkways, with emergency fittings in-line with BS 5266, with PIR sensor and override switch
- Run Cat 6 network cabling and to install network points in each unit
Working on this project emphasised the importance of effective communication and team work. The whole team had to work together to ensure progress was tracked efficiently, and that we were on target with our timescales. As it was not always possible for the same team members to work on-site on consecutive days, our electricians had to provide detailed feedback on what was done, and what was left to complete, so that the work ran smoothly.
The project was completed on schedule, and to the highest standard.