We are now OLEV approved EV Chargepoint Installers.
We are very excited to announce that Starkey Electrical Limited are now Authorised Installers on OLEV’s Homecharge Scheme and Workplace Charging Scheme. These schemes provide grants up to a maximum of £500.00 towards the cost of having Electric Vehicle Chargepoints installed at either your home or your workplace.
Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme
OLEV’s Homecharge Scheme enables customers to obtain a grant for up to 75% off the cost of having an Electric Vehicle Chargepoint installed at your home. Up to a maximum of £500.oo can be claimed. Starkey Electrical will claim the grant on your behalf, and if your claim is successful, the amount will be deducted from the overall cost.
In order to qualify for the grant you will need:
- Off-Street Parking
- The Chargepoint installed must be OLEV approved
You must use an OLEV approved installer, like Starkey Electrical
- You must own, or be in the process of purchasing, an eligible electric or hybrid vehicle – a full list of which can be found here
Further information can be found on the Gov.uk website.
Workplace Charging Scheme
With the OLEV Workplace Charging Scheme, businesses can reduce the cost of installing Electric Vehicle Chargepoints for their staff by up to £10,000. The scheme reduces the cost of installing a workplace charging station by 75%. This is capped at £500 per station. A single business can claim for up to a maximum of 20 stations.
In order to qualify for the scheme you will need:
- Sufficient Off-Street Parking
- Electric vehicles as part of your fleet, or to express an existing or future need for the business
- The charging stations must be installed by OLEV approved workplace charging station installer, like Starkey Electrical
The Workplace Scheme operates on a voucher based system. You must complete an online application to receive a voucher. The voucher will need to then be presented to the installer, which they can use to obtain the grant. The voucher will only be valid for 120 days from the issue date.
Further information can be found on the Gov.uk Website.